Promote your health and healing business!
6 week series: Wednesday, September 24th – October 29th 3 to 5pm
(Time can be switched to evening if participants prefer. Let me know your preference.)
In this hands-on series of classes you will:
- register your website domain name and make it go live
- plan and create your WordPress based website from scratch (choose from hundreds of templates)
- receive discounts on high quality website hosting
- leverage social media, YouTube, local internet directories, customer reviews
- design and create business cards, bookmarks and/or other marketing materials
- plan a public event to increase your client base
- develop strategies to promote yourself, including participation in relevant health fairs or events
- set up PayPal on your website in order to sell products and services
- start blogging to attract and educate your clients
- get individualized attention and advice
- learn about self publishing your work
Each two hour class will begin with an overview of the topic, followed by a hands-on work session under the guidance of the instructor . In the open lab period you will create a website, set up PayPal, develop a marketing plan, or do whatever you need to do next to grow your business while getting the help you need.
Computer or other device with a wireless adapter and an internet browser that will allow you to connect to the internet.
$24 per session or $100 for the series prepaid.
Contact for information or to register:
Dorena Rode firstname.lastname@example.org (623) 242-5310
$12 for domain name registration (annually)
$10/month or $100 annual hosting fee. Hosting is provided by TESLI using AIT and WordPress. This is the platform that the course is based on. If you use this service the setup and instructions will be directly applicable. If you are using a different service the general ideals will be applicable, but you will need to adapt the detailed instructions for your service.
Printing cost of any marketing materials you create-using online or local printers.
Tentative Course Outline
A considerable amount of material is covered with each class. Plan on doing homework between sessions to make the best use of the time.
Class 1: overview, select domain name, ideas about website design, marketing plan and/or mission statement
Class 2: building your website
Class 3: leveraging social media, blogging, registering you business with local directories
Class 4: creating marketing materials: business cards, bookmarks, flyers, coupons
Class 5: marketing you business: events, classes, fairs, promotions
Class 6: advanced features for you website – PayPal, and other relevant tips